We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Adding to Sipp then putting into drawdown.

Can you top up Sipp and then put it straight into drawdown without incurring any penalty from HMRC? It just seems a bit cynical to me.

I made an employer contribution of 25k from my Ltd Co on 8th of April.

I made a personal contribution of £2880 a month ago.

I made another employer contribution of 5k today.

Can I put the Sipp into drawdown and take a lump sum of 50K which would be £37500 taxable as income and £12500 tax free?

And yes, there's plenty of funds in the Sipp to cover the withdrawal. And I'm also aware my max contributions will be 10k from now on.

Comments

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.