We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

EDF Fit Payment delay this quarter ? ( Submitted 01/09/26 )

Hi All,

EDF have been and are usually really good with their turnaround of FIT readings into payments into the bank.

This current payment seems to be slower though ….. and before someone starts. I know it’s only a week, I know that they say it can take up to 90 days etc.

They usually pay extremely quickly and it shows as pending into our account within a week and has been as quick as 48 hours in the past for us.

Ours was submitted on the phone on the 1st September and the payment amount confirmed straightaway via email as usual.

Anyone else noticed or had their payment through or pending ?

Cheers

Nobby.

SMA 4000TL Inverter, 17 REC 235PE Panels, South facing, roof angle \ `ish, 3995 watt system.Installed Nov 2011.

Comments

  • vic_sf49
    vic_sf49 Posts: 896 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper

    Reading submitted on the 1st Sep, by replying to their email, and money was in my bank on the 7th.

  • nobby1963
    nobby1963 Posts: 370 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Rampant Recycler

    Thanks vic,

    I always used to respond the email way for years.

    Since EDF have put all the FIT payment customers on the same 3 month cycles I have noticed that the request email doesn’t always arrive overnight before the first of the quarterly month that a reading is required by.

    I then called EDF FIT team on the number from a historical email and they said that they could do it over the phone without the email being received.
    I did this and got the remittance email back from them immediately confirming the payment amount, the subsequent payment has always then come through very quickly - as has always been the case with EDF.

    This time though I’ve obviously been bitten in the bum ! The email requesting the reading wasn’t there on the morning of the 1st, I called them and gave them the reading, received my remittance email immediately but the payment hasn’t happened yet !

    Checking the bank account it’s pending only today to go into the account on Monday, I shouldn’t moan, £1365 is a cracking amount for what was a brilliant sunny quarter down here in west Devon.

    Cheers

    Nobby.

    SMA 4000TL Inverter, 17 REC 235PE Panels, South facing, roof angle \ `ish, 3995 watt system.Installed Nov 2011.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.