We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Annual bonuses not added by AVIVA to an old FP policy

If you had a FP policy now Aviva perhaps you will read this.

Bonuses have not been added to my policy. I questioned this on a telephone call and was told bonuses were not applicable to my policy. I checked back and FP used to pay them annually.

I then got a letter in the post in June from Aviva saying sorry, you were given the wrong information. regular bonuses were applicable for 2024 and 2025. The letter said the 2026 statement would show the adjustment. Nothing came.

I rang again, and was told the information I had been given in the post was wrong. there were no bonuses to be added.

I wrote in. Aviva replied by post in July "we have not missed any bonuses on your policy"..

I telephoned and emailed again and said that I would like statements and details of bonuses.

This resulted in a letter towards the end of August from Aviva. Another apology for incorrect information. It stated that no bonuses were paid from 2003 to 2023. 1% bonus rate should have been applied in 2024. 1.5% in 2025 and 1.5% in 2026. Sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. They have now added bonuses for 2024, 2025 and 2026.

I have asked Aviva for a letter and statements so the Ombudsman can check which of their many calculations may/ may not be correct. Statements and calculations have so far not been forthcoming.

It is not a huge policy, but I expect Aviva to look after my money and supply the correct information and policy value to me annually.

Martin, can you or any of your members help please?

Comments

  • Marcon
    Marcon Posts: 16,361 Forumite
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 31 August at 4:35PM

    Not clear from your post if you've actually made a formal complaint. If you haven't, then do so now - you'll need to have jumped through that hoop before either the Pensions Ombudsman or Financial Services Ombudsman will consider a complaint.

    If you have already made a complaint, and have received the 'final reply letter', then I'd head for the Ombudsman now and let them try and sort out this annoying confusion. You've obviously tried your best to do that, and are just going round in circles from the sound of things!

    Googling on your question might have been both quicker and easier, if you're only after simple facts rather than opinions!  
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.