We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Cashback sites to pay into mortgage

has anyone ever usedcashbacksites to pay extra into their mortgage. Want to do this as obviously it all adds up and may as well join one. Anyone got advice for the best sites etc

Comments

  • Woodstok2000
    Woodstok2000 Posts: 2,137 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper

    Topcashback and Quidco are the big ones I think. I've used both for extra spending money, its often slow to complete transactions but if youre not in a rush thats no problem.

  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 101,324 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Academoney Grad Mortgage-free Glee!

    Have asked for this to be moved from diaries so that you get a better response.

    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.[/b] [11 months left.[/b]
  • grumpy_codger
    grumpy_codger Posts: 1,727 Forumite
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 25 August at 9:16AM

    Zopa's new current account pays 2% cashback on all DDs. I think this includes mortgage DD payments.

    ETA: max £30 p.a. IIRC

  • lfc321
    lfc321 Posts: 750 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    I use Jam Doughnut to get cashback on shopping, eating out etc. It works well. You can't transfer the money directly to your mortgage like some of the other apps do, but you can cash out to your bank and transfer to your mortgage from there.

  • grumpy_codger
    grumpy_codger Posts: 1,727 Forumite
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 26 August at 10:24PM

    I use Jam Doughnut to get cashback on shopping, eating out etc. It works well.

    How well?

    I randomly checked Tesco, M&S and Sainsbury's - and they are 2.25% vs.4%, 3.7% and 3.3% accordingly at Everup.

  • lfc321
    lfc321 Posts: 750 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 27 August at 8:44AM

    I meant 'works well' in terms of app usability, ease of cashing out etc. The cashback amounts change constantly on Jam Doughnut and I haven't checked against others, so you might be right that others offer a higher %. I don't know.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.