We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Specsavers - how scratch resistant is scratch resistant?

Hi,

I've had my pair of Specisavers SuperDigital varifocals for a few weeks now, as part of that they are come with UltraClear Super Clean. Now UltraClear SuperClean are supposed to be scratch resistant, but literally within 48 hours I had swirly scratches on the right hand lens which really irriated me as I'm super careful when cleaning lenses. I did enquire at the store but they couldn't see the scratches as they were quite light and can only be seen in certain conditions, but they did say if they're scratched it's because I'm cleaning them wrongly, even though I'm using their spray and cloths.

I've had glasses from Specsavers for over 30 years without any problems but this pair and the pair before seem to scratch really easily. Has anybody else had this problem? It's a bit poor to spend £300 on new glasses only for them to scratch so soon and so easily!

Thanks

Phillip

Comments

  • Ayr_Rage
    Ayr_Rage Posts: 4,248 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    If you don't remove dust and grit first then rubbing that in circles with a cloth will do exactly what you have done.

    The fluid will remove grease but isn't designed to wash away the gritty bits.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.