We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Can't seem to register for Shein account

Abbafan1972
Abbafan1972 Posts: 7,235
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
Forumite
edited 16 August at 10:08AM in I wanna buy it or do it

Good morning.

I want to order a couple of items from Shein - I have never had a Shein account before.

I have tried to register and have put my email in and chosen a password, but I cant seem to get past this screen to confirm my mobile - it won't accept my mobile number. I have tried my number both with and without the zero.

I have tried my husbands phone number and my daughters to no avail.

I was trying to do this last night and was getting nowhere, so just though I would try it again this morning and have got the same.

I clicked "Report" and a chat bot came up eventually where I explained the issue and it went to a website called "Answer.com" where it wanted me to put my card details in for a refundable £1 payment to get a technical person to look into it. (I didn't do this).

Please see screenshot below:-

Screenshot 2026-08-16 100308.png

Thanks in advance.

Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £7,740.41. Nearly there!

Comments

  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 36,533
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    No spaces ?

    Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.

    Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.

    Jean Cocteau 1889-1963

  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 7,235
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    I have tried it both with and without a space and neither work.

    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £7,740.41. Nearly there!
  • flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 12,551
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 16 August at 10:53AM

    Just tried this.

    shein.co.uk on a Windows laptop.

    You need to put your phone number in as you have done, no leading zero, no spaces, and then hit SEND.

    Should return a code by SMS that you enter in the Verification Code box, then hit SUBMIT.

    Whatever that "Answer" website was, it's not answer.com. Don't put any card details in there, at the very least you'll find yourself paying them a monthly subscription.

    NOTE: 3 marketing emails already, to an account that has about 5 minutes to live…..

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.