We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Just cos I'm paranoid doesn't make me wrong

Hello all
I am starting a rant here about the wholly unequal power balnce between a Company Service provider (Insurance, but could be any service without physical goods) and myself as the Client.
usual start an AI voice like Alex takes some particulars to feed you to the right agent BS plus upselling and telling you your voice may be recorded for training purposess? AI, marketing,other upsellers?
So several minutes wasted, I get a Gobbling Turkey wittering at me from an AI menu, asking me same questions I already gave to Alexa again

"I want to renew m insurance, but your website doesnt allow me to do this properly. Ii says it will take the insurance premium from m credit card they have stored for me? I didnt agree to this, Cred card details are supposed to be cleared after a transaction?

Ayway I ticked ok - then DEAD SILENCE.

No further action/email acknowledgement, left in the dark?

I waited 3 days, the rang up the renewal line - more waste of time, eventually got back to another Gobbling Turkey prattling at 250+ wpm.

I explained the position I am in ie complete ignorance?

She said - we dont take payment untill the policy come dues - YOU DIDNT EXPLAIN THAT TO ME.

So I said this has wasted my time I dont want to renew my insurance with you. I wont put up with this rubbsih - yada yada, more time wasted. Have you cancelled my insurance. Yes we will write to you.

3 days later I get a big letter pack with Full insurance renewal conditions - THANK FOR RENEWING YOUR INSURANCE

So I ring up again and get an immigrant with poor English, trying to sell. I WANT TO CANCEL MY INSURANCE

Knowing, insurance cancelled already, BUT YOU SENT ME a REWED POLICY?

That is a mistake, ignore it.

Send me an email to confirm. Yes, will send you a cancellation letter in 5 working days.

See what I mean? Its deliberate Management by Confusion - Martin Lewis should know all about this dirty trick.

What to do?

The worm turns?

Here is my take

In future I will arange to record my telecon with these Service Providers (try this on your GP BTW)
Using Windows recorder and a usb mic I will make arecording of such a travesty of Business practice

It is legal but M$ and Google have disallowed this feature since 2009 - look it up your self.
But I use my smart phone on speaker mode (so voice can be heard aloud.
I hold this near to the usb mic and Win record will save a recording of the conversation onto your pc.

NOW here is the trick. Before the end of the conversation you say "For you records I want you to know that I have recorded our discussion which I will save on file for my records. I will send you a copy of the text of my understanding"

This is perfectly legal and justifiable - nothing threatening - just for the record.

Do you need toknow more? Fight back from Corp Cannibals

Cheers

BTW I'v got something worse to reveal if this gets traction

Comments

  • oldernonethewiser
    oldernonethewiser Posts: 3,233 Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    " BTW I'v got something worse to reveal if this gets traction"

    Hopefully it wont.

    Things that are different: draw & drawer, brought & bought, loose & lose, dose & does, payed & paid


★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.