We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Alternative to Kipling handbags?

OK I'm being a bit general with that title, what I'm referring to is probably classed as a "cross body" bag but they are all still a handbag to me!

Now let me stress I am not particularly looking for a Kipling bag. I'm wanting something a little less expensive. What I am looking for though is a Kipling style of handbag that are usually made of some sort of nylon non rip type of fabric. I see lots of women with them and they are definitely not Kipling but some other brand. or even generic.

So my question for everyone is can recommend any other sources or brands of Kipling style bags. Where to buy? Brands etc to consider or avoid? Or do I just take my chances on Amazon?

Comments

  • PS I tried posting an example of what i mean but it wont let me. but if you google "Kipling Syro U" that will give an indication of the type of thing I'm talking about. If you havent already figured it!

  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 38,270
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    I know what you mean. Mine came from the charity shop, but looking at the label it’s probably a generic Chinese brand - Google

    jinqiaoer bag (that is the correct spelling)

    still pretty sturdy though, and I would guess that a lot of of the drop shippers do a very similar bag with different names on the front

    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

    Pedant alert - it's could have not could of.
  • Anvil1
    Anvil1 Posts: 174
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    I have a few bags from Ollie and Nic , they have a sale at the moment and you can usually find a discount code

    The other option is Clark’s outlet have bought online from them, good sale at moment

  • J63320
    J63320 Posts: 245
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    I have one with a badge that says ‘Spirit’. I bought it (in person) from one of those mill outlets that I found by searching online for a Kipling stockist near me. They had Kipling bags too but this one was more suitable for my needs.

  • Yes I think thats what a lot are, either that or from market stalls which have the same origin. Might be the way to go.

  • mazjohn108
    mazjohn108 Posts: 54
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Forumite

    I've had a couple of Spirit bags which are similar but cheaper than Kipling. And I have washed them! .

  • sturat3200
    sturat3200 Posts: 13
    10 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    I think buying from Amazon would be a good option!

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.