We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
LGPS annual statement whilst receiving my pension
Should I still recieve an annual statement that shows the CPI annual increase to my pension and the latest survivor pension amount?
I asked my LGPS scheme today and they said they do not provide that information each year.
Comments
-
Are you in receipt of the pension?
0 -
What do you see when you log in to their portal?
0 -
I've 4 LGPs, only 1 in payment, the latest benefit statements on the portal, recently in I see, are only for the other 3, same for past year too.
0 -
Do you not get a statement at the date of pension increase/first payment post increase?
My relative's scheme provides one such showing pre/post 88 GMP increase a(s appropriate )and increase on excess over GMP.
0 -
Yes as per the title of the thread
0 -
Recent Pension Payslips and P60's plus historic information from before I took my pension
0 -
No I have not had a statement since the increase
0 -
You won't get an annual statement for a pension that is already in payment, but you will get a payslip showing the increase, and there is usually a pensions information bulletin confirming the annual cost of living percentage. You may have to log on to your online account for these, though.
2 -
Thanks, yes my payslips show a basic pension and an increased amount. Definitely not received anything that shows the latest survivor pension amount which I believe is also linked to CPI?
1 -
Survivor pension updates aren't shown as a matter of course. If you take the starting amount, shown in your retirement figures, and add the CPI increase each year, then you won't be far off. But if you need it in writing, for insurance purposes say, then you would need to request that from your LGPS administrators.
2
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

