We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

POCA and my mortgage

wozzza72
wozzza72 Posts: 95 Forumite
Ninth Anniversary 10 Posts
edited 5 August at 7:26PM in Mortgages & endowments

Massive apologies if I’m posting in the wrong forum, I just don’t know where else to turn for help!

I’ve had a letter from the cps regarding a POCA from 2014, please see attached. They have done homework on me and see I jointly own my house and my part of this is valued at £60k. Now I have received this letter. Please can anyone advise me what I can do?

IMG_0732.jpeg IMG_0733.jpeg

Comments

  • ACG
    ACG Posts: 25,078 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper I've helped Parliament

    What you can do in terms of paying or not paying?

    If paying - then if there is enough equity you can potentially raise a mortgage - although I suppose it depends on whether your conviction is spent etc.

    If not paying - then I think you need the legal forum (or a solicitor).

    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Woodstok2000
    Woodstok2000 Posts: 2,142 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper

    If you own an asset then they're going to get the money out of you one way or another. As above, either work out how to release enough equity to pay, or get some decent legal advice.

  • user1977
    user1977 Posts: 19,966 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Note you haven’t redacted the property address.

  • Yorkie1
    Yorkie1 Posts: 13,176 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    Legal advice needed for sure. Go back to your former defence solicitor if you trusted them then and were happy with their service. Or find one which specialises in POCA confiscation orders.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.