We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.Old Style Daily Wednesday 05 August 2026
Good morning all.
Comments
-
morning everyone thanks for the start Gers I hope you have been resting. We had some heavy showers yesterday but it was very humid showers are due today but it’s a lot fresher I don’t walk the little dog far she just wanted to be back and slept most of the day it’s to warm for her . I’m off out to a cleaning job in a minute then I need to call and pick up a couple of things I forgot yesterday even though they were on my list . Toad in the hole tonight it’s just to use some sausage that has been in the freezer a while . Thinking of all the poorlies hugs to those that need them have a good day everyone whatever you are doing
12 -
Good morning, and thanks for starting Gers.
Dry outside even though the forecast on my phone says it should be raining. Today is forecast to be 21degs, much more bearable. I know I'll be harping back to this in the winter, we're never satisfied, are we?
Yesterday I made the pork curry which was very tasty, some left over to go into the freezer for another day. I also made a chocolate dessert, the recipe I got from the internet. OH has requested it again. Tonight will be something from the freezer, plenty to choose from.
I should really go and put some petrol in the car, but I know I'll end up having a mooch around the supermarket, and given our stocks I'm trying to keep away, at least until the weekend, when I need to get a couple of birthday and anniversary cards.
No plans for today apart from the usual, so I will wish everyone a good day, take care.
12 -
Oh @remmie - I wish it were dry and hot here. The rain is pouring and the temp is struggling to be 14 degrees. I can't see the island across the sea and even the other part of the mainland opposite me has disappeared in the mist.
The joy yesterday was the arrival of the Apple Watch. That kept me happily faffing around doing the techy things for ages. TBH I'd rather have my usual, and much loved, dumb watch on but will give the smart one a go. If it picks up anything wrong with my vitals it'll have been worth it, otherwise it'll go! Pity it doesn't make the tea.
'Cos I had to wait in for the delivery I didn't venture further than a few short walks to the end of the farm buildings and back. Lunch was half the stalkers pie with extra veg and a salad starter. The other half will be eaten today after I've been out for more frozen peas.
Welcome back @dp1 - your holiday sounds blissful.
Take care all - hugs all round, especially to our poorlies.
11 -
Morning all
A bit overcast here but the sun is due out later with up to 24 deg it is nice that it’s a bit cooler.
I’m off to mums today for a couple of hours, I’m going to have to be bad cop again as she is now saying that she doesn’t want to go into respite while my sister and I are away, she is too frail to be there on her own for two weeks and we desperately need a break.
Dinner tonight will be gnocchi I will do a tomato sauce to go with it for the others, I like mine plain with butter and cheese and a side salad.
I have to pick the shopping up after mums and have a hoover / tidy through.
Haven't seen Mehefin for a while hope he is ok
Have good days all and take care xx
10 -
Morning everyone
I'm going to Newcastle today for a Dexa scan, I've been taking tablets for 5 years to help prevent osteoporosis and I need a scan to check if I still need them. I'm hoping I don't wait too long, as I want to have a wander round Primark and TKMaxx.
I had a phone call with a physio on Monday afternoon, she was recommending I go on the waiting list for a knee replacement - I need to explore my options - apparently I have arthritis and ligament damage.
I was pleased to get most of the ironing done yesterday and most of my holiday 'stuff' tidied away, just a few bits still to do to get little one's bed cleared as I think she's staying tomorrow night.
Must get moving, I hope everyone has a good day x
12 -
Morning all from Mehefinland
@RedRuby1231 aww we missed each other - thanks for thinking of me😊
Life has been hectic this last week or so…. in a nutshell…
have been persuaded to have some chickens; so spent several days sorting out an enclosure at the field. Horses very wary -and that's before the chucks arrive!
Had the 2nd anniversary of the decluttering of Mrs M with a big party which Gwen insisted on doing the catering for - I have never done so much washing up. The oven was on from 730 am till5pm and it was non stop all day.has taken until now to recover and the house still isn't straight 😮 DS and DIL came up with the 2 dogs so it was nice to see them-1st time since their wedding in June. The weather behaved too so it was mostly out in the garden
Car battery decided to die - had been playing up a bit so that will need sorting .Its one of those stop/start jobbies so no doubt will cost a fortune
Lots of gardening- weather depending of course- no hose ban here yet,but suspect it won't be long
More organising for our 10th anniversary barn dance for the library. Picked up tickets and posters Monday so need to get them out asap.Time flies!
Hugs and spoons as always
Mehefin aka Derek
11 -
Morning all, thanks Gers,It's fairly cloudy here with little blue patches. Much cooler though.Not a lot going on really, we were meant to be picking up DGS from his mums to his dads but he rang me last night to say he had a mate from the footie team staying over so his mum will take them then they're ready for training later.
Food delivery at lunchtime.
Had a ride up to our friends who live up an unmade road in the middle of a golf course. Took Ldog, he had a good play around in their very large garden, and a meet and greet with next doors dog who treats their house/garden as his own.
Still haven't managed to capture the wandering cat for the young lad, he nearly had it yesterday before it dashed away again, but the tinned salmon I put in their cat carrier was all gone last night.
That's about it from me so have a good day all.
:heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)11 -
Morning all, thanks for the start @Gers. The weather here isn't great but yours sounds even worse! Fingers crossed the Apple watch is useful.
Our forecast today is for a moderate breeze, sunny intervals and light showers likely at almost any time. Cooler too, temperatures in the mid-teens before they pick up again at the weekend. Summer may not be over just yet but sunset is now just before 9 pm so it won't be long before the earlier darker nights return.
Later this morning I'll be attending my annual health review appointment at the GP surgery for the usual bloods etc; if it's raining when I finish there I'll come straight home but if it's fine I'll catch the bus up the hill and call in at the Co-op for my weekly top-up shop. Nothing urgent needed so it can wait if need be. Tea tonight is lemon & parsley battered prawns with chips and salad.
Must dash, it's a darned long walk to that surgery! Take care all, have the best day you can. xx
Be kind to others and to yourself too.11 -
morning all thanks for starting Gers
Today will be a bits and pieces day before my spinal jab today .
For some reason I’m dreading it ,but sure it will be fine .
Got to go out and get a couple of small gift bags ( I have every other size )
And some bread and butter so my overnight guest / carer can have some for breakfast if she wants
Then some more tidying
Stay safe all
10
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
