We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Best pregnancy freebies/samples — what am I missing?

Hi all,

Just found out we're expecting and wanted to make sure I'm not missing out on any freebies going! I know there are a few of the big ones (Boots Parenting Club, Tesco Baby Club, Emma's Diary etc.) but would love to hear what's actually worth signing up for and what's just a way to get on a mailing list.

A few questions if anyone's happy to share:

  • Which freebie boxes/samples did you find genuinely useful vs. just junk mail bait?
  • Any UK-specific ones I should sign up for early on (some seem to want you to register in certain trimesters)?
  • Worth signing up with more than one supermarket loyalty scheme, or does that just mean spam?
  • Any hidden gems that aren't on the "obvious" lists that get shared everywhere?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 19,462
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Homepage Hero Photogenic
    Senior Ambassador
    edited 15 August at 7:01PM

    I doubt many uk companies will send as you live in Germany. Good luck though and congratulations

    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • sturat3200
    sturat3200 Posts: 13
    10 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    Congratulations! 😊 I’d definitely sign up for the Boots and Tesco baby clubs, as there are usually some genuinely useful samples and offers. I’d probably avoid signing up for too many at once though, as the emails can quickly get a bit much. Hope you find some good freebies!

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.