We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.Old Style Daily Monday 3rd August 2026
Morning all.
Comments
-
it's rather dull here, cloudy and not warm.
I was glad to get rid of the big bagful of recycling stuff yesterday. Then I gradually filled the black bag as I cleared out drawers and cupboards. I also went through my almost empty wardrobe- I don't tend to wear dresses or blouses that need hanging up so not much in there apart from one lovely dress from Scamp & Dude I bought for the wedding of my nephew in Seoul which is now far too big for me. There's also a green coat I got from Tesco on an emergency shop for a funeral. Green isn't my colour and it's also too big. Both ready to go!
This morning I only have to drop into the surgery to hand in a letter my hospital stay. Lunch will be salad, when I was in Glasgow I bought Chinese Leaf as I prefer it to other summer greens, more crunch.
No other plans, perhaps the universe will provide. I hope all are well. Hugs all round.
13 -
morning everyone thanks for the start Gers that’s a nice problem to have clothes that are to big for you I wish mine were I’m steadily losing weight but I’m still not into the next size down yet just goes to show how tight my clothes were I will get there . It’s dull and we have had rain and it’s a bit cooler I’m off out to meet my friend soon for a coffee and a catch up we always go for a walk first just 3 miles but we burn a lot of calories talking. My youngest son called yesterday morning with his wife and we went for a good 5 miles walk up the forest we have decided we will do it every Saturday afternoon and try to add a bit on every week they have been warned not to much on I’m twice there age . Not a lot else happening I cleaned the house from top to bottom yesterday and washed the throw off the sofa . Jacket potatoes for tonight nice and easy and healthy tuna in mine .thinking of all the poorlies hugs to those that need them have a good day everyone whatever you are doing
12 -
Morning folks and thanks GERS. Just a quick hello and goodbye as I'm on way home shortly. Probably good timing as I've had lovely weather this last week and the much needed rain is due back tomorrow but.it still feels warm and muggy with only snippets of sun this morning
All jobs done and all packed, just the vacuum to whizz round before my chauffeur (DD) arrives.
Have a good day folks be safe x
"If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"12 -
Morning All
Thanks for the start Gers, you're meant to be resting!
Lovely weather yesterday so lots of washing dried, grass cut and garden tidied. DS2 and DP are leaving this evening so DS is putting up a new bathroom light fitting for me (we bought it last week but it didn't get done). Apparently he needs some sort of screws but he can go out and get them himself.
It's raining this morning so the bedding can hang about inside. I need to go to the allotment to see how things are going, apart from that nothing planned.
I'm going up north for a few days in the morning so will need to pack a bag at some point.
Hope you're all well and have a good day. Take care. XX
11 -
Morning all
Bright and sunny here again I have put the throws off the sofas in the wash so will hang them out before I go to mums.
Got a few things to do at mums will cook her some dinners and do her washing her meds will need doing too and I need to order her some more meds.
Dinner tonight will be a fish finger sandwich with a few chips on the side.
Our eBay sales did very well yesterday so I need to go and post them once I am back from mums, I have listed another four items as well.
Haven’t seen Yorks lass for a few days hope she is ok xx
Have good days all and take care xx
11 -
Morning all
Another hot day today and I'm stuck upstairs in the bedroom as the workmen have arrived to pull up the old flooring. I might get out in the garden later but just waiting for the delivery of the new floor so if they don't fill the patio with it I'll be able to go out there later!
Hope everyone has a good day x
11 -
Morning all,thanks Gers. Its patchy sky today but warm.This will be a short post as I've done something to my right hand & typing isnt easy.Might have something to do with a cat we were trying to catch with someone round the corner, I was opening a tin of salmon with a can opener, which I struggled with - its not been home for about 3 weeks.DS1 coaxed it into the garden and was feeding it by hand, managed to pick it up and got it in the van but it scarpered just as he was closing the door 🙄so their teenage kids brought a cat carrier round & some treats so another attempt can be made. Last nights treats have gone but not sure if it was the cat, but Dh saw it on the fence again across the road.
DGS 1st training match back after the break was good-nice to see everyone, and welcome some new boys and parents too.
I cooked a lamb shoulder joint in the sc yesterday,it was lovely and made a nice change.
Have a good day all.
:heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)11 -
Good morning
Bright and sunny here, due to hit 30degs today.
Yesterday's shopping trip went well, I left here just gone 9am and was back by 10.30. Can you guess that food shopping is not my favourite job? I did however forget a couple of items but nothing important.
Today I need to cook the pork joint I got out of the freezer for yesterday, instead we had chicken kievs I bought back. It's too hot for a roast so I may do pork and stuffing rolls.
Nothing else happening except for the usual chores. Have a good day all, take care.
11 -
Morning all, thanks for the start @Gers.
Thanks @Ruby, I'm still here! I've had a nice weekend, nothing particularly exciting, but peaceful. On Saturday I took a couple of things to the CS, had a browse but didn't buy anything, and then visited a small park near there. It's not really a park but that's what folk around here call it. It used to be a sports ground that belonged to a defunct bank but is now maintained by volunteers; flower beds, a large grassed area with some seating dotted around and lots of brambles around the perimeter. I collected some fat juicy blackberries (now in the freezer), not enough for jam but plenty for crumbles during the winter months, and then treated myself to a coffee at a local cafe on the way home. Dinner was h/m mac'n cheese.
Yesterday I had a grocery delivery that arrived with no less than six substitutes, fortunately all acceptable. Sunday isn't my normal delivery day but it really was a case of needs must since I was beginning to feel like Mother Hubbard! One good thing though, it's been getting me to use up things that have been lingering on the shelves. 😁 Dinner was h/m chicken, ham & leek pie. In the evening I watched the first episode of the new series of Van der Valk. Shame there are only three in the series. I haven't watched any of the Sewing Bee yet so still have that to look forward to. Maybe it will inspire me to do something with my fabric stash!
Back to the usual routine today. I've two small washes to hang out, one whites and one darks, both should dry fairly quickly in the breeze. It's lovely to have laundry dried outside and, much as I'd welcome some rain, I won't be looking forward to having it draped around the house again. DS has two appointments this week, a visit to the Job Centre tomorrow and an interview for a potential job the day after; it doesn't sound promising but we'll see. Meantime, he's reduced the price of a couple of things he's selling on E-Bay; I think one will sell but he may have to donate the other as it's not generated much interest. Dinner tonight is lamb kebabs courtesy of the freezer.
That's about all for now so I'll wish everyone a good week to come. As ever, thoughts with our MIA, the not-so-well and those caring for others. If I don't post quite as often as normal, it will be because DS is using the laptop - everything seems to be online these days. xx
Be kind to others and to yourself too.12 -
Hi everyone,
@Gers Thanks for the kick off. It must be the season for it. I had a massive clear out yesterday too. :) Unfortunately, I'm still not meant to be lifting so I had to leave the filled bags in my bedroom still cluttering up the space until hubby gets home tomorrow.
Pottering around doing little bits of cleaning and tidying where I can.
Almost finished my book so I'll enjoy the rest of that later.
Friend is popping round tonight - got a pizza meal deal from M&S so nice and easy.
Took back a couple of returns for things that didn't fit.
9
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
