We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.O/S Daily Sunday August 02 2026
Good morning all.
Comments
-
Morning folks and thanks Scarlet for kicking off.
Yesterday that blooming wind was back making it feel quite chilly. But today all is calm out there and we are forecast a warm and sunny day. My last day here this visit so hopefully it will be spent sitting in the sunshine reading most of the day.
It sounds as though the week ahead will bring some much needed rain for a lot of us.
Have a good day folks if you can and take care. I hope you are still taking it easy GERS, recovery time can't be rushed. X
"If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"9 -
Good morning and thanks Scarlet.
A quick one from me as I'm off to the supermarket for opening at 9.30, I'm joining the Sunday morning gang. Before I go I have big dog waiting for his breakfast and I'm going to have a cuppa.
Roast pork for dinner, I need to pick up some veggies while shopping.
Have a good day all, take care.
10 -
Morning all
Blue sky at the moment but weather forecast is saying cloudy all day so we shall see. Another gusty day here expected too.
Supermarket delivery later. DS will be up for dinner and collect his shopping, will get him to help DH move the TV upstairs before tomorrow's work starts. A few other things to move too later.
Apart from that another quiet day on the cards.
Have a good day all x
8 -
Morning All
Thanks for the start Scarlet.
Lovely day yesterday with the family although service at the restaurant was very slow. Nice to see the children all playing and getting along.
We ended up back at DDs for a while as SiL and DS2's GF were doing some computer stuff, eventually got home at 8.30pm.
Poor big dog Ruby, hope she's a lot more herself now.
Hope you're relaxing Gers! Glad you enjoyed the boat trip.
I have lots of washing to do today as it looks like a decent day for a change and must visit allotment 2 as I'm sure there will be beans and courgettes to pick - again!
Take care everyone and have a peaceful Sunday. XX
8 -
Morning - it's bright though cold here. Thanks for starting us off @ScarletRibbons. Enjoy your final day @TravellingAbuela and enjoy shopping @remmie.
Whilst I was away the builder chap has been working away, now I have new plasterboards on two and a half walls complete with red plaster. He'll paint once the walls are dry. He put back everything, even did a video call with me to make sure that the TV was set up properly.
I'm still rather frazzled by the events of last week, however it will pass. My blood pressure needs time to recover too! My only plans for today are to relax, maybe a bit of faffing in the back garden. I have two new plants to dig in but will leave them to the gardener Helen who will be coming during the week. There's various bits and pieces to put somewhere, even if it's the tip!
Take care all - hope that the sun is shining everywhere. Hugs to all. xx
9 -
a quiet couple of days
Going out for lunch today ,scouting a possible lunch place for the group ,we’ve been here before but it has changed hands so want to check it out
Stay safe all
8 -
Morning again, it's sunny here so I'll put some washing in, it'll dry.
We had a lovely day at Alnwick yesterday, visited the Garden then wandered round the town. We were both tired when we got home but it was worth it.
Meant to say yesterday - I saw Christmas cards displayed in one of the charity shops here on Friday. Sorry to say the word.
Hope everyone has a good day,thoughts to any sad or poorly people, take care folks.
9 -
Morning all
Another lovely day 😀bedding is in the wm and can be hung out after should dry in a flash today.
Our eBay listings finish today and are doing very well, the money will go towards holiday spends, I have some more to list as well.
I got 13 jars of bread and butter pickles out of the 10 cucumbers so pleased with that, they have been put away for a month now to mature.
Bbq again tonight we have some lemon and herb chicken breast and have some of the pasta salads left from yesterday and some beetroot which I cooked yesterday and was delicious.
After the eBay listing I want to get out in the garden for a potter a few weeds need dealing with and a general tidy up.
Have good days all and take care xx
7
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

