We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.O/S Daily Saturday August 01 2026
Morning all.
Comments
-
Morning again. It's fine here.
Glad you're ok Gers, enjoy the cruise.
Allie, I hope you're feeling better today, after feeling down yesterday.
Remmie, we had a similar experience to you, a lady who was the first person that we got to know in this street when we moved here 50 years ago died a few months ago. We were both young women then with young families, now the families are middle aged themselves.
Dh is just going to re apply for his licence - we know nothing will happen quickly, DVLA will write to his consultant and so forth. Tbh, with the price of fuel being what it is, I'm wondering if we should even bother, there again the convenience of having a car is a big factor.
Hope everyone has a good day. Thoughts to the poorly, and those feeling a bit low, take care folks.
13 -
Good morning, thanks for the start Scarlet.
Well the forecast on my phone says it should be cloudy, but it's brilliant sunshine. Yesterday I made two batches of sausage rolls, one with marmite and cheese (very tasty), and the other mixed with BBC relish, very nice. They won't last long with DH.
Today I'm going to be processing a bag of plums DH brought back from his evening walk with big dog. Some I'll stew to have cold with ice cream or yoghurt and the rest I'll freeze. He says there's lots more so I'll expect more tonight.
I got a call from my bff telling me she has an appointment the beginning of September for her hip replacement, very fast as she was told 18 months and it's only been 3, she had a choice of 9 medical centres.
Burgers in broiche rolls for tea, there's some new potatoes leftover from last night, so I'm going to cut into wedges, season and air fryer to have along side.
Have a good day all, take care.
10 -
Morning All
Thanks for the start Scarlet, hope you have more luch with the DL this time.
It's raining again, the good weather has well and truly left us, the washing was out for a while yesterday but I had to bring it in after about an hour as it started to rain again. I forget how many towels need frequent washing when there are visitors.
The little one went home yesterday, we'll see them this afternoon for DD's birthday celebration meal. It will be nice to see all 3 children and their families together although I'm not sure oldest DGD will be joining us. DS2, his partner and I will go up early to have a wander round The Barras before we head to the restaurant.
Hope things are better for you Allie.
How are the big dog's legs Ruby?
Hope you enjoyed the cruise Gers and it didn't rain too hard.
Right, off to the shower, take care. XX
11 -
Morning. I’m sitting in my car outside Waitrose waiting for it to open at 8.30am. I thought it opened at 8.00am. And the rain is bouncing off the bonnet.
The cruise was so lovely and peaceful yesterday. It’s undemanding and restful. One hour up to the next pier where the hordes of cyclists get off and one hour down again. Then we had soup and a sandwich before heading back to Bearsden the long way round.
After grabbing some bits and pieces I’ll head home. I’ve an appointment with the pharmacist then I can rest up. The past few days have been more difficult than expected so there’s some pondering to do.
Those marmite and cheese sausage rolls sound delicious @AlwaysAllie. Have a fab birthday meal @Camelot, happy birthday to your DD.
Hugs to all. Xx
9 -
Thankfully yesterday felt a bit easier or maybe I’m just more resigned to situations.
Anyway have got my nursing chores done and off out in the forest with Bdog and a friend - will be nice to have some conversation that doesn’t revolve around hospital appts, medication and dressings 🤣
Take care all
AA
7 -
morning everyone thanks for the start scarlet AA I hope you are feeling better today we all struggle at times take care . Gers that cruise sounds lovely get your feet up and rest do nothing for a couple of days it won’t hurt to leave things for a couple of days . I’m going to go from the top to the bottom of this house and get some cleaning done I’ve got washing to hang out it has rained this morning but looks dry now it’s nothing urgent it can hang on the dryer if needs be . Hubby is out playing golf he won’t be back until this afternoon peace I will give the little dog a walk and feet up later I haven’t a clue what we are having to eat tonight but it will be something easy . Thinking of all the poorlies hugs to those that need them have a good day everyone whatever you are doing
7 -
Morning all
Nice day here again lovely and sunny, I have a towel wash on the go so will hang them out after.
Dd and I started off some bread and butter pickles yesterday they have been draining overnight so we can finish them off today and put away to mature, we did 10 cucumbers so will be interesting to see how many jars that makes.
Bbq for dinner tonight we have chicken or minty chops to choose from, we will have the others tomorrow, I think I will do some pasta salads as well, might do a coriander pesto one. I will do mum a dinner too.
Dd wants to go and look at paint today for the chest of drawers we got and possibly Dunelm for curtains I will see if mum wants a trip out too.
Camelot it’s been very strange with big dog, we were giving her the painkillers the vet gave us and it seemed to be getting worse and worse and she was almost in a zombie state, so we stopped them and she is like a different dog, almost back to normal but we need to build her strength back up, it’s shocking that the tablets can cause that😳 Happy Birthday to your dd xx
Gers try and have a rest this weekend, take care of yourself xx
Have good days all and take care xx
7 -
Morning all
@remmie I'd love to know what BBC relish tastes like 😉😂 The cheese and marmite ones sound yummy
Just made a traybake sponge, having coffee while waiting for it to cool so I can decorate. Garden watered as it's going to be another warm day. Some plants haven't enjoyed this very hot weather, hopefully they will survive enough and bloom better next year.
Glad you enjoyed your cruise @Gers sounds very relaxing
Nothing else planned here so will wish you all a good day x
8 -
@Chrisca50 Haha, that'll teach me to read back before I post. I meant bbq relish, as you've probably guessed.
5 -
Yes, I did know what you meant, gave me a chuckle though and I couldn't resist pointing it out x
6
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

