We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Any downsides to AJ Bell as a ‘one SIPP’ for retirement drawdown?
Comments
-
Thanks for the info here of the AJ Bell interest rate, upon reviewing just now this is 2.65% for cash in drawdown (I was unware of the higher rate), rather than 2.05% for cash not in drawdown. A little extra which ain't bad.
2 -
The way AJBell's ISA dividends work for us is that the money goes into the investment account and once every 3 months it is paid out automatically as a single lump sum to the associated current account. While the cash is in the investment account interest is added.
II pay out all dividend/interests immediately as soon as they are received.
For both providers the service must be explicitly requested but there is no change. Whether is is available for SIPPs I dont know.
0 -
I have only ever reinvested dividends in AJBell ISA, but I have sold investments and had the cash paid out or to my SIPP within days. No defined day of the month for ad hoc payments out.
Payments out of a SIPP can only be done in drawdown or similar, and drawdown payroll runs on 10th of the month with payment by BACS three working days later ( counting 10th and payment day) so 12th unless there are non-working days.0 -
Interesting. Thanks
0 -
I only use UFPLS. The proceeds of a fund sale take a few days to hit the account then the UFPLS a few days more. I guess in total just over a week.
I have found AJ Bell give very good service and the few times I’ve had to use customer support they have been excellent. The chat function is quick and efficient.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
