We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Novuna

Alfie2020
Alfie2020 Posts: 51 Forumite
Sixth Anniversary 10 Posts

I have received a quote for some new replacement windows. Whilst it is a company that we have used for 20 odd years they were taken over a while ago and are now part of a larger group. They provide a 20 year guarantee. I know from previous experience that where any niggles have occurred in the 10 year guarantee that they have come out and resolved within days. They are offering what I would call an indemnity with Novuna where they would provide the 20 year guarantee should the window company go out of business. I pay a small deposit for the work to be done and there is a £29 fee to provide the indemnity. You then have to fully pay the balance within 12 months in order not to be charged interest. My question is has anyone had an experience for something like this? I've no reason to believe the window company will go out of business but none of us can predict the future in the current climate. I could just pay a deposit and the balance direct to the window company and gain the 20 year guarantee but is the indemnity/credit agreement worth doing. I've seen some bad reviews of Novuna in relation to Wren kitchens. Thank you.

Comments

  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,652 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Where did you see the reviews ?

    Reviews on Trust pilot seem to be good

    https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/novunapersonalfinance.co.uk.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.