We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Finding an Independent Broker in Scotland
Hi how do I find an independent mortgage broker in Scotland for a remortgage to release more funds?
I've googled but just get huge generic companies or people refer me to solicitors.
I've used one before but they only like completely straight forward cases.
Thank you
Comments
-
I am not in Scotland so don't know the details, but just so you have a reply of sorts …
I just did a search and various companies came up - have you researched their websites to see if they offer the sort of service you want? Do you have an issue with larger firms in principle?
Or have you looked in your local area and directly contacted them?
Does the broker have to be in Scotland (I don't know whether that's an issue or not)?
0 -
Many IFAs will have a mortgage broker working with them. Also, the term "independent mortgage broker" is not one that is used. Whole of Market Mortgage Broker is probably closer. That may explain why you're not getting many responses on a search.
Most towns have multiple mortgage brokers. Avoid the estate agents, with the exception of independent boutique agents. Most of the independent whole-of-market brokers (by independent, I mean not tied to a bank, insurance company, or large national) will be very small, work-from-home types in most cases. So they won't have much of a footprint.
I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards