We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Competitions

Hi all. Been doing competitions now for some time, Maybe 6 months to be exact a not won a single sausage. Has anyone actually won on any of these competitions. I want to know if its worth my time or not. Thanks

Comments

  • FlorayG
    FlorayG Posts: 2,380
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite

    How many do you do?

    I used to comp and to win regularly you need to be entering 20-30 a day

  • Haribobo19
    Haribobo19 Posts: 6,391
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Ambassador

    In my signature you can see how many wins I've had! All my wins have been from competitions posted on this site! I would definitely encourage you not to give up, when I started comping I didn't win anything for almost a year, but then all of a sudden I had wins monthly! Keep persevering and I'm sure you will get a win sooner or later! Fingers crossed for you 🤞

    Check out our comping guide here for tips & tricks to help you in your comping journey! 😊

    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competition Time, Shopping & Freebies and MoneySaving boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the Report button, or by e-mailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.


    2022 wins - 14 (biggest win - Silent Night mattress)
    2023 wins - 28 (biggest win - £400)
    2024 wins - 32 (biggest win - Lenovo Legion Go)
    2025 wins - 81 (biggest win - 
    Samsung Galaxy S25 FE)

    2026 Wins -
    January - 9
    February - 8
    March - 11
    April - 5
    May - 3
    June - 4
    July - 6
    August - 2
  • I only started last December (did a lot of the advent comps and won nothing).

    Since then I have been really lucky and won several comps. I only ever enter Free comps and my best win in this very short time, compared to some other compers on here, is £1000!

    If you check out the I WON I WON board you will see some of the wins from compers on here although clearly all wins are not posted.

    Don't give up as the saying goes you have got to be in it to win it!

  • captainjack2
    captainjack2 Posts: 404
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Yes I've won loads this month. People win on comps. You have to be in it to win it.

  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 4,285
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 5 August at 12:46PM

    Some people have been doing comps for many years and only win occasionally, some people win regularly. Depends how many you do, which type you do, how popular the comp is which affects the odds of winning.

    Up to 2012 I would enter around 18000 - 20000 comps a year with a win ratio of about 1/1000. The number of entries has declined over the years and since then overall the win ratio is around 1/2000 though it has improved in recent years

    Random draw comps are just down to luck, if you want to have more chance you need to search out those that require skill to enter as they are likely to have less entries

    2026 prizes - £10 BioSynergy voucher; £200 LovetoShop voucher; Swan retro kitchen electricals; Revive Active supplements; Yawn airbed; gaming mouse; 3 tins Olive oil;

    2026 -as of 4/08: Comps 7054: wins 7: value £700
    2025 Comps 12362: wins 10: value £1862
    2024 Comps 13526: wins 13: value £1475

  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 4,285
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    I count pay to enter as raffles or gambling not real competitions which should be free to enter

    2026 prizes - £10 BioSynergy voucher; £200 LovetoShop voucher; Swan retro kitchen electricals; Revive Active supplements; Yawn airbed; gaming mouse; 3 tins Olive oil;

    2026 -as of 4/08: Comps 7054: wins 7: value £700
    2025 Comps 12362: wins 10: value £1862
    2024 Comps 13526: wins 13: value £1475

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.