We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Help! Credit Spring
Help I took out an account with credit spring for £300 and im meant to pay it back and a £10 subscription fee. I paid it off early and asked for my account to be closed and they are refusing unless i pay more fee's £40 i believe. I wasnt told about any fee's to stop my subscription and I'm going round in circles with them in the mean time they said that my account will stay open and gain arrears until i pay a leaving fee. what do i do?
Comments
-
This outfit I presume:
Seems you have to pay a fixed fee every month you have the loan, so how long was it between taking it out and paying it off?
0 -
Is this what you signed up too?
I mean its pretty clear what your commitment is, I just glanced over it and can clearly see what I`m signing up for.
They don`t charge interest, as such, you pay their "membership fee" on a monthly basis, paying the debt off early, does not release you from your commitment to also pay the fee`s I`m afraid.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


