We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Help with correct CGT form
Hi, can someone help me please?
I am trying to submit a form SA108 for CGT but the latest one available on HMRC’s website is for Tax Year 2025/2026. I sold the property in June this year, so surely it would be for Tax Year 2026/2027?
Comments
-
What do you get if you follow the Sign in link on this page?
Report and pay your Capital Gains Tax: If you sold a property in the UK - GOV.UK
0 -
The SA108 is a supplement to the SA100 self assessment tax return and cannot be submitted by itself.
Presumably, you have already completed the online CGT return for disposals of residential property per link provided by @DRS1 above?
If you are already in the self assessment tax return system, then you will have to report the gain yet again via SA100 and its supplement SA108 when the 2026/27 tax return becomes avaiable next year. .
0 -
Oh, I see now! Many thanks to you both. I hadn’t wanted to go online until I understood the form better.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards