We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Cooling clothes

Can anyone suggest any clothes that help keep you call?

Comments

  • RobM99
    RobM99 Posts: 2,888 Forumite
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Cool? Yes, ones still in the cupboard!

    Now a gainfully employed bassist again - WooHoo!
  • Thomas_Holding
    Thomas_Holding Posts: 598 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper

    Sorry I meant cold - I did have one vest that helps but it's not that good.

  • kimwp
    kimwp Posts: 3,598 Forumite
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    I have a hat that can be soaked in water to keep one's head cool. Doesn't do much for me as I have thick hair, but thinner or no hair would work.

    Soaking most clothes that contact your skin will work well as long as the humidity isn't high.

    Statement of Affairs (SOA) link: https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/financecalculators/soa.php

    For free, non-judgemental debt advice, try: Stepchange or National Debtline. Beware fee charging companies with similar names.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 38,255 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 9 July at 1:30PM

    I am currently wandering around practically starkers.
    Might have to address that before my next work team’s meeting so as not to scare the horses.

    Are you talking work clothes, or just more general - either way loose cotton does it for me.

    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

    Pedant alert - it's could have not could of.
  • Thomas_Holding
    Thomas_Holding Posts: 598 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper

    I was thinking more of things that keep one cool outside the house so I can be active without getting heatstroke

  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 38,255 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    There isn’t really anything that’s gonna keep you cool when it’s 35° outside except staying out of the sun.

    By active do you mean exertion such as running or wanting to be out doing things in your garden? As examples.

    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

    Pedant alert - it's could have not could of.
  • Thomas_Holding
    Thomas_Holding Posts: 598 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper

    Yes that's what I meant. I do have a cooling bib that helps a bit but it's blue and looks really strange. It does however make martial arts possible in a squash court - but it is really weird.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.