We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Please help? Mobile phone contract
hi I was made bankrupt in April I told I’d mobile on a number times about it but getting nowhere!
Received this today
Hi xxxxx
Thank you for your response and for verifying your information.
Once again, I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you've experienced, and I appreciate you taking the time to explain your concerns.
Having reviewed your account, I can confirm that it has been disconnected due to non-payment since 25/06/2026. I can also see that there is an outstanding early termination charge of £378.19.
With regard to your comments about your bankruptcy, I have reviewed the previous correspondence on your account. While I can see that you've advised us that you were declared bankrupt, each time you've contacted us, we have requested supporting documentation so that we can update your account accordingly. Unfortunately, we have not received this documentation, which is why we have been unable to process your request or update our records.
At present, there is no record of an insolvency notification being received for your account. If you have entered into a bankruptcy or insolvency arrangement, please send us the relevant supporting documentation so we can review and update your account as appropriate.
Please note that providing proof of bankruptcy or insolvency does not automatically clear the outstanding balance. If the debt forms part of your insolvency arrangement, we recommend contacting StepChange or your insolvency practitioner, as they will be able to advise you on how this balance should be managed.
Once we receive the requested documentation, we'll review it as quickly as possible and take any appropriate action.
Regards,
how do I respond or just ignore it now as included in my bankruptcy
Comments
-
are you unable to send them a copy of the documents showing this is included in the bankruptcy? I believe they should accept a scanned copy emailed. If you don't have a scanner than take a photo and send that instead.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe, Old Style Money Saving and Pensions boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Click on this link for a Statement of Accounts that can be posted on the DebtFree Wannabe board: https://lemonfool.co.uk/financecalculators/soa.php
Check your state pension on: Check your State Pension forecast - GOV.UK
"Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.” Nellie McClung
⭐️🏅😇🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅0 -
I have done that multiple times and still want more proof
0 -
If you've already sent what they've asked for numerous times I'd send it one last time and state that if they continue to contact you for the same information you will consider it harassment and you will report them to the relevant authority. Hopefully that will shut them up.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe, Old Style Money Saving and Pensions boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Click on this link for a Statement of Accounts that can be posted on the DebtFree Wannabe board: https://lemonfool.co.uk/financecalculators/soa.php
Check your state pension on: Check your State Pension forecast - GOV.UK
"Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.” Nellie McClung
⭐️🏅😇🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅2 -
This is something your Official Receiver should be dealing with also, copy them into any correspondence.
Also send them a web link to the entry showing your bankruptcy on the London Gazette website.
2 -
I'd also consider sending them a screenshot of the online London Gazette notice as well as a link. On a couple of occasions in the last few years I've been told people cannot click on links in emails, so they require a screenshot... Neither of these were bankruptcy related though, but if you're having difficulty with ID mobile, I wouldn't give them another excuse.
0 -
Just to confirm for bankruptcy they need a copy of the bankruptcy order only.they do not need the paperwork to confirm they are included (different to a DRO)
0 -
that’s what I was thinking but anyway spoken to the official receiver this evening and they are going to have a word with them.
thanks everyone0 -
that was a bad move on your part telling the operator as if you never told them and kept it going it would have helped your credit rating massively going forward and no mobile provider would have stopped your account unless you wanted it to!
Sorry I was a bit hasty there here is the correct line i should have said this mate;
Just to clear things up for you:
If your bankruptcy was granted in April, then anything you owed O2 up to that date — including the early termination fee — is automatically included in the bankruptcy. You don’t need to negotiate with them and you don’t need their permission.
Networks don’t get automatic notifications, so they’re asking for your bankruptcy order simply so they can update their internal records. Once you send them the PDF from the Insolvency Service, they’ll mark the account as insolvent and stop all chasing.
So the steps are:
- send O2 your bankruptcy order
- tell them the debt is included
- don’t pay anything
- once they update their system, you can ignore any further billing messages
After that, it’s all handled under your bankruptcy and you don’t need to worry about the balance.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

