We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Company say no pension, despite paper proof?

Hi. I wondered if anyone could advise on this. My wife worked for a short time (18 months) at a company in the 1980s. She still has a paper letter advising that she would be enrolled into their pension scheme. We’ve contacted the company who say they can’t find any record of her in the scheme - despite our paper proof. Can anyone advise on who what we should do to try and follow this up?

Comments

  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 7,233 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    could it be that she was refunded her contributions when she left the company. I had one like this - I still had the paperwork and the amount was only small - I went through all the proper channels and the scheme couldn’t be found - I think it was someone on here that suggested i could have been refunded, as I was only at the company for a short time.

    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £8,594.01 Nearly there!
  • NormalNorman
    NormalNorman Posts: 214 Forumite
    100 Posts First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    Have you tried a tracing service like Gretel for example?

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.