We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Prize money from The Sun not arrived
I won a prize from a puzzle in The Sun last month. The email asked for my bank details and said I would receive the payment within a month. It's been about six weeks now and it's not arrived. I double-checked my details and they were correct.
How soon is too soon to email them about it? And what is the best way to word it without sounding rude/demanding or desperate (lol)?
Comments
-
I would definitely email them now! Just mention that you were told you had won X amount of cash 6 weeks ago and you are just following up to see if there is any update about when you will receive it 😃
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competition Time, Shopping & Freebies and MoneySaving boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the Report button, or by e-mailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
2022 wins - 14 (biggest win - Silent Night mattress)
2023 wins - 28 (biggest win - £400)
2024 wins - 32 (biggest win - Lenovo Legion Go)
2025 wins - 81 (biggest win - Samsung Galaxy S25 FE)
2026 Wins -
January - 9
February - 8
March - 11
April - 5
May - 3
June - 4
July - 6
August - 23 -
Did you receive it in the end? I won in August and also haven't received it! And the person who emailed me the original winning email has not replied to my follow-up email :(
1 -
I did eventually. It took a few back and forths with the emailer, about 2.5 months after the win. Good luck.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
