We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Tax return unique code question

kitla
kitla Posts: 66
Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
Forumite

I've done my own online tax return for years for rental income. However, last year I used an accountant & was sent a different Unique tax code for him to use. If I do it myself this year, would I need to request a new code? or should I use my original one? Thankyou, I cant seem to find a clear answer to this

Comments

  • JibberdyDacodo
    JibberdyDacodo Posts: 42
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Are you sure it was a Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) that you got last year?

    As gar as I'm aware, you don't get a new one just for using an accountant.

  • kitla
    kitla Posts: 66
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite

    Sorry I didnt reply. I ended up using my original UTC & it was fine.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.