We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
refusing publicity
So I've had a letter from Bauer saying I've won £50 in a magazine comp. Hurray! It also said they wanted me to send in a photo including name and say something about winning. If I don't are they likely to disqualify me? Anyone refused and still got their prize? I really want to remain anonymous.
Comments
-
probably in the Ts and Cs that you agreed to when you entered the competition
0 -
Can you take a photo of something you 'bought' with the £50 (doesn't actually have to be what you did buy) and then give your first name and a quick 'wow! thanks for the win, I was able to buy a massive scratching post, my cat will be so happy' or whatever?
0 -
Bauer terms say: "we have the right to publish and/or broadcast the first name, home town,
character, likeness and voices of Competition entrants and winners….prize winners, may be required to participate in photo, recording, video and/or filming session(s). You agree that we shall have the right to
use all the resulting publicity materials in any media and in any manner, we see fit, unless you advise us at the time of entering the Competition that you wish to retain your anonymity"I'm just interested to know if anyone has not given them a photo etc and still got the prize.
1 -
Nice idea! Might try that. Thanks.
0 -
Ignore it, it's not a requirement.
2 -
I've won a prize in the past - sorry, I can't remember who with - but when they advised me I'd won, they asked if I could send them a photo. I just sent an enthusiastic message back thanking them and saying I was really pleased to win, but made no mention of the photo (and obviously didn't send them one). I got the prize, and nothing more was said. I imagine some companies ask all winners for a photo, and are happy to get some photos back. It's not like they can force you!! If they keep asking you, just keep delaying - I'm sure they'll give up.
2 -
I won and emailed to refuse any publicity, they did try a few times but I insisted and still got the win
1 -
Thanks - good to know.
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards