We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

CGT - finding fund values from 2005

Chloe_G
Chloe_G Posts: 438
Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
Forumite

I sold some Jupiter Responsible Income funds recently which were originally Old Mutual Equity Income Fund when I acquired them in 2005. I've googled and it says I should be able to find out the historical price on Trustnet or HL but I'm not having much luck with either website. Can anyone tell me how to find out this info?

Thanks very much.

Comments

  • leosayer
    leosayer Posts: 924
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite

    Do you know the dates of all transactions ie. purchases and sales including reinvested dividend if any?

    Is the fund held directly in your name or or do you hold it via a platform?

    Do you hold income or accumulation units?

  • Chloe_G
    Chloe_G Posts: 438
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite

    They were income units and I have sold them. They were transferred into my name by my mother. Unfortunately, having no idea until recent years, that I would need this information, I disposed of a lot of paper records, however I have kept a dividend notification from 2005 which makes me think that is when I acquired them. They were held directly with Old Mutual until they stopped offering that service and transferred all their clients to Hargreaves Lansdown.

    I've now done some further investigation and believe I need to contact Jupiter directly and they should be able to find the information I need.

    I do not think the gain is over £3000 but I need to make sure.

  • leosayer
    leosayer Posts: 924
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite

    Good luck.

    If the fund units were registered directly in your name then you should be able to get the transaction history (including prices) from the fund registrar. Jupiter should be able to help with that.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.