We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Traditional accounting or cash basis.

tribetown
tribetown Posts: 113
Fifth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper
Forumite

I have filled in my self employment self assessment and there is a question which is optional so I left it blank but I am still curious.

It is asking if I used "traditional accounting or cash basis". I did Google it and it appears traditional accounting is mostly used by large companies, I am not.

I am part time and net earnings are about 11k.

I submitted actual earnings and expenses figures as all my customers had paid so I think that would fit the traditional accounting label.

Comments

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.