Couple miore questions

Options
I should be going br soon. A few more questions I'm afraid.

1 Can I go abroad as an undischarged br? Will the OR take my passport. My boyfriend's sister is ill abroad.
2 Can direct debits for bills be transferred to someone else's bank account even if the bill isn't in their name?
3 Do I need to take all my debts, bills etc with me to court on the day i go br?
4 Do i have to dress smartly for court?

cheers guys xx

Comments

• debt_doctor
    debt_doctor Posts: 4,595 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello again,

The OR will not take your passport, you can go abroad if you wish although OR might wonder how it is funded ! DD's can be paid from anyones account and you can have your salary paid in to someone elses account.

You should take any information with you that may help. However, any info the OR wants he will ask you to produce later., if you see the judge it will be for approx 2 minutes, your dress style wont influence things !

DD
    Debt Doctor, Debt caseworker, Citizens' Advice Bureau .
    Impartial debt advice services: Citizens Advice Bureau Find your local CAB *** National Debtline - Tel: 0808 808 4000*** BSC No. 100 ***
  • loopy_lou1
    loopy_lou1 Posts: 196 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I should be going br this coming week. A few more questions I'm afraid.

1 Can I go abroad as an undischarged br? Will the OR take my passport.
    2 Can direct debits for bills be transferred to someone else's bank account even if the bill isn't in their name? (I've got to sort this out tomorrow, before my account gets frozen. My boyfriend says I can set them up in his account)
    3 Do I need to take all my debts, bills etc with me to court on the day i go br?
    No, you don't have to take them to court with you. Just your Statement of Affairs that you've already hopefully filled in and your bankruptcy petition
    4 Do i have to dress smartly for court?
    I wore black trousers and a blouse and jacket - nothing like a suit but nice.
    cheers guys xx

I went bankrupt nearly a month ago and I am thirty three. My wages are being paid into my mum's account at the moment - I'm opening a cashminder co-op account this week hopefully.

Hope everything goes ok for you.
    BSC No 60
    Wednesday 12.12.2007
    :j:jDischarged 12.12.2008:j:j

• madoldbat
    madoldbat Posts: 474 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning Amethyst ,DD snd Loopy have said it all ,not a lot I can add other than you can apply for a Coop account now and get your wages and DDs set up fairly quickly so you will only be using OH bank for about a month.
    Dress - tidy and clean like you would for work will be ok.
    I prommis today will not be has harrowing as you fear.
    Take care ,big hug and keep us updated.
    Some of the best lessons we ever learn,we learn from our mistakes and failures.the error of the past is the success and wisdom of the future.:wave: :beer::j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure