We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

The AA. I never got my discount card?

Hi everyone.

I was previously with another breakdown recovery provider. When it came to renewal time about six weeks ago I chose the AA as they had a promotion on. I cant remember exactly but I think it was something like £40 for the year plus a free discount/voucher code/card. M&S or John Lewis, £20 or £40.

So when I joined up I remember it saying somewhere that I would receive my card/code after a short period of time provided I don't cancel my policy in the cooling off period, but I've just realised I never got it. And I can't find any mention or reference to it in my AA documents. It's possible something may have gone to my junk email folder but I can't see anything. And as I can't remember what it was exactly I don't know how to approach contacting them about it.

Has anyone else joined the AA recently and know what I'm talking about or how to find out?

Thanks

Comments

  • flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 12,441 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    Can you recall if you approached The AA directly or if your application was via one of the cashback or other referral sites?

  • SpikeyKitten
    SpikeyKitten Posts: 96 Forumite
    10 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper

    Hi.

    I think it was directly via an email offer from them. Though I can't now find the email either.

  • flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 12,441 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    I think you are going to have to talk to The AA, although if the offer was via a third party they'll not have details.

    Doesn't make it easy, no screenshots of the offer, saved emails or other details

  • SpikeyKitten
    SpikeyKitten Posts: 96 Forumite
    10 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper

    Thanks.

    It's annoying. I remember now getting the email and thinking that it was a good offer. I put a reminder on my phone to go back to the email as I was currently too far away from renewal with my then current provider. Which I did when the time came. Now everything seems to have vanished…

  • SpikeyKitten
    SpikeyKitten Posts: 96 Forumite
    10 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 16 May at 9:26AM

    There is an email in my junk folder from something like 'love2shop at aa-roadside' regarding a voucher. But that looks mega-scammy.

    Edit: I risked clicking on this and I think it's legit. So case closed.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.