We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

IPA Concerns Close To Discharge

Hi all,

I am due to be discharged from Bankruptcy on 10th June 2026. So so close!

It has been a tough year, and to date, I have no IPA in place due to no excess to impose one after my I&E form.

My employer has given me a £1,000 PA pay rise, taking my income to £41,000.

I have advised the IP of this, they have asked to see my wage slip and I sent this to them.

They emailed me today quizzing my wage slip asking what my SW_SMART_SS per is for (this is my work place pension so easy to answer.

They also quizzed whether my incentive bonuses are regular. Which they aren't, they are very dependent on whether I have quotes approved and then successfully invoiced by my employer.

In the last 3 months I have received:

Feb - £0 in bonuses
March - £400.00 in bonuses
April - £150.00 in bonuses

I currently have an NT tax code, which they IP is also quizzing as apparently this should have changed in the new financial year? They have asked me to speak to my employer and HMRC about this.

I also pay what would be the equivalent in income tax to a debt collection agency (Lightroad) for the sum of £457.00 PM which was set up when I became officially bankrupt.

With it being so close to the end, are they lining up to impose an IPA on me? I appreciate that I will need to do another I&E form before this can even be imposed, and my costs are still very high (I now also pay council tax as it is a new financial year and also company car tax).

I have read so many conflicting things about how they can apply to court for an extension, that if I don't respond to them within days they can see that as not being cooperative (I have ALWAYS replied within 7 days and ALWAYS updated them with ANY change of circumstance).

It is just really grating me, I hardly ever hear from them and then now, with only 23 working days until discharge, this happens.

If anyone out there can reassure me, please do! I just want to rebuild my life again.

Thank you.

Comments

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.