We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Help with Gretel. 0 matches

Hi,

I'm trying to find a pension. I was a contractor for a short time around 20 years ago. I used a company (Can't remember the name) to do my tax, national insurance and a pension.

I signed up for Gretel to try and find the pension but Gretel has found nothing. I thought it would find something, Even the pensions I already know about.

I've added previous addresses and national insurance number.

Is this the normal experience or do I have an issue with my Gretel setup?

Comments

  • JoeCrystal
    JoeCrystal Posts: 3,481 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Try this instead: https://www.gov.uk/find-pension-contact-details

    Never heard of Gretel to be honest and after a quick look at it, wholly reliant on selected services willing only to supply edited databases and majority of it seems to be banks and building societies. So… not really surprising to be honest considering it is mostly designed to track down dormant bank accounts (Once I googled it though).

    Do you literally got no paperworks relating regarding pensions then? You must have some paperworks or payments to the relevant schemes back then?

  • I have not been able to find anything so far. I've moved house twice and a new bank since then. I was in it for less than a year. I'm not expect a huge sum but it would be good to move it to somewhere I can easily track it. Better in my pocket.

  • QrizB
    QrizB Posts: 24,861 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    I was a contractor for a short time around 20 years ago … I was in it for less than a year.

    Are you certain that you didn't get a refund of contributions at the time you left?

    N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Intelligent Go elec / Fuse gas / Vodafone BB / iD mobile. Kirk Hill Co-op member.
    2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 37 MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.
    Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs, Best kettle!
  • BAZZA46
    BAZZA46 Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Post

    I have tried to create an account for Gretel but it does not respond after installing name & passwords etc.

  • Marcon
    Marcon Posts: 16,353 Forumite
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Googling on your question might have been both quicker and easier, if you're only after simple facts rather than opinions!  
  • Roni64
    Roni64 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Part of the Furniture First Post Combo Breaker

    I too have just signed up for Gretel - nil return! I'm looking to trace some old shares (Panmure).

    I'm starting to wonder if they are the only beneficiary, having captured my details!

  • Marcon
    Marcon Posts: 16,353 Forumite
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    I'm looking to trace some old shares (Panmure).

    Presumably you've tried contacting Panmure Liberurm, but in case not: https://panmureliberum.com/contact

    Googling on your question might have been both quicker and easier, if you're only after simple facts rather than opinions!  
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.