Looking for advice on Shirf pay and overtime...

Options
We currently in process of going bankrupt. Do we have to declare my husbands shift allowance and overtime as income as niether are guarenteed?? He also leases a car from work for £126pm. His name is not on log book, his servicing is included in lease, his tax is included in lease. Basically all he has to do is insure it and fill it up. Will the OR make him give the lease up? He needs car for commuting to work and cannot afford another as totally skint!! Spoken to debtline but not asked them this yet. Please advise if you know. Thanks. Sarah.
BSC NUMBER 116 :rolleyes:

Comments

• winnie81
    winnie81 Posts: 887 Forumite
    Options
    HI there I thought I'd post and let you know that OH's OR let us keep the lease car we pay for from his work which costs us £198 a mth. The OR wasn't all all bothered about the lease car. We don't have to insure ours though we just pay for fuel literally everything else is paid for although I can't see that making any difference.

I shouldn't worry about it as long as theres no other genuine way for him to get to work.

Good Luck

Claire x
    Wife to a great husband and mum to 4 fantastic kids 9,8,4,3 they drive me mad but I would do anything and give everything for my family :grinheart
  • lookingforhelp_2
    Options
    Thanks Claire
    Do you know about shift pay?
  • fiveyearplan
    fiveyearplan Posts: 10,143 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi LFH and welcome. I'm not sure about the overtime and shifts etc. but I would think it would be averaged out over say the last 3-6 months. I'm sure someone will confirm/correct me though. Why don't you post up your SOA to make sure you claim for everything you're entitled to. You don't want to get lumbered with an IPA if you can avoid it.

:j :j

• winnie81
    winnie81 Posts: 887 Forumite
    Options
    Hi again Sarah OH's shift & overtime were averaged out as it varied so much. I would definately add a SOA as the allowances for basic living were far higher than we imagined so we could up our expenditures and every penny you are alloed to have for yourself is vital you keep ;)

Claire x

PM me if you want any other advice on what we went through OH went BR in May I go to court on Wednesday :)
    Wife to a great husband and mum to 4 fantastic kids 9,8,4,3 they drive me mad but I would do anything and give everything for my family :grinheart
  • lookingforhelp_2
    Options
    Hi Thanks for your replies. Will try and do SOA later. Trying to sort house out.We are hoping to move to rented property 18th jan.Credit check ok,just waiting on employer references i think. I've learnt so much from this forum.You guys all seem so helpful.
    Thanks again Sarah
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family