We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Total pension contribution years required
Comments
-
I don't have the.
You need to continue to contribute national insurance to reach your forecast.
I just have the "or" box that is a forecast for my retirement age not a breakdown of necessary contributions to get to it like in the top example.
I don't care about getting my state pension early I just want to be as efficient as possible with my contributions.
So I can get max pension without over contributing.
0 -
Contributing isn't optional if you're working. You can't just stop paying NI, unless you also want to stop working.
0 -
I just have the "or" box that is a forecast for my retirement age not a breakdown of necessary contributions to get to it like in the top example.
If the forecast is £241.30, this means you've already paid enough years of NI (and/or received enough years of NI credits) to qualify for a full state pension at your state pension age.
If the forecast isn't £241.30, please let us know what the number is!
N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Intelligent Go elec / Fuse gas / Vodafone BB / iD mobile. Kirk Hill Co-op member.Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs, Best kettle!
2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 37 MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
