We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Please: Is this correct? Self Assessment

Shylock_249
Shylock_249 Posts: 260
Sixth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
Forumite

Please does one answer the other correctly, the wording is slightly different?

Self Assessment Question

Screenshot 2026-04-05 152058.png

And:

The 513 figure originated from the second P2 I received in January 25

img042.jpg
Butt Spelle Chequers Two Khan Make Awe Full Miss Steaks

Comments

  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 42,074
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    The question in the first extract relates to underpaid 2024/25 tax to be collected in 2025/26, but the second extract relates to adjusting your code late in 2024/25 to collect the right amount of tax by the end of that same tax year.

  • Shylock_249
    Shylock_249 Posts: 260
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    Thanks eskbanker, I really am confusing myself, so thank you very much.

    If I'm correct, I should now remove that figure on self assessment?

    I've looked at the P2 for Apr 25 - Apr 26 and can confirm that there are NO entries stating tax was being carried forward from 24/25 into 25/26.

    I received a PA302 dated 19 Jan 26 stating that I owed £2045.20 for FY 24/25 which I paid on 27 Feb 26.

    Thanks again

    Butt Spelle Chequers Two Khan Make Awe Full Miss Steaks
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 42,074
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    I've looked at the P2 for Apr 25 - Apr 26 and can confirm that there are NO entries stating tax was being carried forward from 24/25 into 25/26.

    If there's no underpaid 2024/25 tax being collected via PAYE in 2025/26, then the answer to the first question is zero.

  • Shylock_249
    Shylock_249 Posts: 260
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Butt Spelle Chequers Two Khan Make Awe Full Miss Steaks
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.