We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Interim Charging Order

Hi everyone, I hope I am ok to open new thread. I haven’t found anything current.

I’m facing a difficult situation with the interim charging order application from my creditor. I live in a joint property with my partner and two children, my part of equity stands at about £30 000. Property is part of Help to buy scheme so 20% share is not ours. 40% each between me and my partner.

Sale value of property about £290000 Debt for interim charging order £78000 (insurer refused payout for stolen vehicle) to one creditor and £25,000 to other creditor. Both are interested in securing their debts against the property. £78000 is owed to creditor which started process of interim charging order. Other one e-mailed they will do that too.

I took step by objecting to the order and sending a statement that highlights I have other creditor interested in my home and I have small equity in my home.

  1. Am I going to have court hearing?
  2. When objecting I sent statement from me and my partner (separately) but I forgot about sending mortgage statement, should I take it to the the hearing or still send it? Will it matter? I am clueless.

My proposed payment plan was refused, that just added more strain to my situation. First I received CCJ, I responded with N245 form and received interim charging order as response.

I feel so overwhelmed, I lost my business and struggling to make ends meet with the current job. I’m not doing well mentally, taking medication.

I will appreciate any advice & tips. Thanks.

Comments

  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 51,425 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Academoney Grad Name Dropper
    edited 22 February at 8:05PM
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on the housing, mortgages & student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.