We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
SIPP contribution and gift aid
To keep out of the higher rate tax band (and hence keep PSA at £1,000) I need to inform HMRC of SIPP contribution (£2,880/£3,600) and gift aid donations. Will they just accept my word for these, or do I need to provide evidence? SIPP contribution would be easy as I can get a statement from the SIPP provider, but what would they need for monthly gift aid donations?
Comments
-
Evidence is definitely needed for the pension contributions. That is explained on gov.uk.
Not sure what current situation is for Gift Aid, might be different as there isn't currently a form for that, whereas there is for pension contributions.
0 -
You are meant to sign a gift aid declaration and give it to the charity. I don't think HMRC expect you to keep a copy and give it to them. Maybe they can cross check your return with something they get from charities but I'd be amazed if that was the case.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards