We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Solar inverter/battery problem

13»

Comments

  • Magnitio
    Magnitio Posts: 1,368
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 7 February at 4:50PM

    It's at those low states of charge that you need to bypass the BMS and charge each cell indidually until they reach a consistent voltage. I've had to do this on a couple of discharged batteries that had been left for several months.

    Here's a link to someone who has experimented a bit more:

    https://diysolarforum.com/threads/recovering-very-low-voltage-lifepo4-cells.82168/

    6.4kWp (16 * 400Wp REC Alpha) facing ESE + 5kW Huawei inverter + 10kWh Huawei battery. Vaillant Arotherm Pro 7kW heat pump.
  • Lockerbielad
    Lockerbielad Posts: 15
    10 Posts First Anniversary
    Forumite

    Thank you for your input, magnitio and QrizB.

    Yes, you're right. I was not advised of this at the point of installation and only learned about this after the problem reared it's ugly head. Too late by then.

    Just my bad look to come across, in my experience, a bunch of cowboys who wanted to take the money and run.

    I guess it's s going to be a costly lesson whichever way I go. However, I'll know what to look out for going forward.

    I'm supposed to be getting a visit this coming week from a professional outfit. So I'll see what the outcome will be.

    Looking at the worst outcome, I'm considering batteries. So far the one that looks promising is the Fogstar 10kwh, with in built heater. It's got some decent specs and not super expensive; and the Pylontech us3000c.

    Any others for consideration would be appreciated. Like with anything, cost is an important factor.

    I'm discounting Dyness, any model, in some part because the manufacturer is rubbish at providing support: choosing to ignore communication.

    Thanks again

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.