We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
SEIS and Self-Assessment
JuniorG
Posts: 26
Forumite
in Cutting tax
I'm struggling with the SEIS3 claim form, where I'm trying to claim re-investment relief on a gain which I've re-invested into SEIS funds.
From what I understand, when I calculate a gain for CGT purposes I pool the shares together and calculate the gain against the pooled cost. So each year I add acquisitions to the pool and I subtract disposals from the pool as a %age of the volume sold.
The SEIS3 form wants information about the gain that I'm claiming relief on. It wants the acquisition and disposal dates. But there is no specific "acquisition" date as they have been pooled over time. Does anyone know what I enter in this field? Or do I leave it blank.
Have I understood it correctly? I'm submitting these along with my tax return, so I can put some notes on my return.
From what I understand, when I calculate a gain for CGT purposes I pool the shares together and calculate the gain against the pooled cost. So each year I add acquisitions to the pool and I subtract disposals from the pool as a %age of the volume sold.
The SEIS3 form wants information about the gain that I'm claiming relief on. It wants the acquisition and disposal dates. But there is no specific "acquisition" date as they have been pooled over time. Does anyone know what I enter in this field? Or do I leave it blank.
Have I understood it correctly? I'm submitting these along with my tax return, so I can put some notes on my return.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards