We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Invoicing fees.
I was late paying my factor invoice. The company sent the invoice to a debt collection company. The letter from the debt recovery letter over lapped with me paying the factor company directly. The debt company was ask £477 + £65 for their effort. I paid the invoiced amount £437 and cleared the outstanding balance. My question is the £40 difference has not been invoiced and the debt company suggests I owe the £105. My though on this is these factor should have invoiced me or sent a letter before action. This has been miss handled by the factor company. Hopefully I have posted in the correct area for this type of question.
0
Comments
-
How late was your payment?0
-
the payment was due the end of November 20250
-
That seems like a very quick escalation. Have you missed payments previously? What do your contracts/terms say about missed payments and costs?0
-
It was rather unexpected. The invoice does say a due date. The t&cs I can’t find on their site there was a letter a while ago, but I can’t find it.0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards