We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Council Tax, LA not responding
CTquery
Posts: 3
Newbie
in Cutting tax
Reading Martin's info, I qualify for a Council Tax reduction but the Local Authority has not replied to emails and letters so I continue to be charged the full amount. What can I do?
0
Comments
-
Try phoning them? If still no luck get your local councillor involvedIf you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales5
-
What time scale are you talking about with the lack of response? A week? A month? Longer ?0
-
Over a year.0
-
-
You need to contact the benefit section of your LA, they deal with council tax reduction. If you go on your LA's website under benefits you should be able to complete a CTR application form.CTquery said:Reading Martin's info, I qualify for a Council Tax reduction but the Local Authority has not replied to emails and letters so I continue to be charged the full amount. What can I do?1 -
Thanks for helpful comments.0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

