We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.2026 - Mindful Living and Connection
Comments
-
@debtfreewannabe321 - I'll let you know how I get on with the canner - the delivery date has moved to next weekend now which is disappointing - it was meant to be today and I was getting all excited!! 🙄😂 I have joined the flylady thread on here as I'm drowning in cat fur and mess and was losing the plot - I love a clean and clear house so these moggies have thrown me completely out of my comfort zone; I actually enjoy cleaning normally (it's part of my mindfulness practice) but it's soul destroying when it looks like chaos within seconds again these days 😔 The moggies are relocating at the end of the month though so I'll be spending a good few weeks blitzing the place then my daily cleaning will be a pleasure again 😁
The past couple of days have been very quiet - I've felt a bit flat since my headache (despite my mammoth cleaning session on Wednesday) so decided that doing very little at all was the best thing for my body l. Today I'm definitely feeling like I'm getting back to normal so will restart my asana practice tomorrow.
I've got a few garden bits to do tomorrow - clearing out and cleaning the greenhouse, getting the staging in and getting some rocket sown for the winter. I sorted the budgets on Thursday and I'm doing pretty well so far - keeping salad greens going will definitely help with that as I eat a lot of them 😉
Have a fab mindful day! 😁🐌
'Happiness is not a destination but the journey you walk every day'
GC - September- £61.23/£350
Debt neutral fund - 2/45
'It's the small compromises you keep making over time that start to add up and get you to a place you don't want to be'3 -
Sorry I've been awol for over a week! 🤦♀️
I've been helping someone out with a variety of things and time just slipped away from me...
Things have changed again - the moggies are no longer relocating this week and it looks like they may be around for a while longer so I'm working on the basis that they're here long term now (at least until next year - possibly up to spring) which gives me a bit more certainty on what I need to do. The house blitz which was planned for when they leave is changing to just doing a room a day until it's sorted - I know that the fur will never improve but I'll feel better for having a cleaner house! I've spent this morning doing the main house cleaning and will start the deep cleaning tomorrow - my yoga room is first on the list as that's where they spend a lot of their time (they have constant access to that room along with the hall, stairs and landing) and they also eat in there. It has been neglected since they arrived - basically I've just hoovered the visible carpet and cleaned the yoga mat which now serves as their food mat - because one of them was so timid she stayed behind the sofa for the first few months! 😔 She's very much feeling at home now though so I can get everything pulled out and sorted tomorrow without her freaking out 😁
My asana practice has been neglected due to the work I've needed to do for my friend so that can restart tomorrow now - I'm aching too much from cleaning this morning to attempt anything today! 😂
Meditation and yoga nidra have been daily though so I'm pleased with that and I've been trying to maintain mindfulness in all I've been doing so that's a definite bonus.
Anyway, not much else to report - just popped on really to remind myself that I'm still around!! 😂
Have a fab mindful day 😁🐌
'Happiness is not a destination but the journey you walk every day'
GC - September- £61.23/£350
Debt neutral fund - 2/45
'It's the small compromises you keep making over time that start to add up and get you to a place you don't want to be'2 -
It's a scientific fact that if you lie on the floor with the cats they will heal your achy bits!! Especially if they sit on you making biscuits - a mindful moggy massage!!!
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe, Old Style Money Saving and Pensions boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Click on this link for a Statement of Accounts that can be posted on the DebtFree Wannabe board: https://lemonfool.co.uk/financecalculators/soa.php
Check your state pension on: Check your State Pension forecast - GOV.UK
"Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.” Nellie McClung
⭐️🏅😇🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
