We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

The Cutting Down Alcohol Challenge for October & 2026 :)

1…180181183185186…194

Comments

  • satchmo1
    satchmo1 Posts: 3,682 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    11/28 for me today please.

    A frantic start to the day with a text from a relative at 8am asking to be collected from hospital 20 miles away by noon. This included firstly me walking their dog. I hadn't been aware that they had an appointment until the text.

    What would you get if all you got was what you were thankful for?
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 16,949 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 11 September at 11:04PM

    Well done @Season_of_Mist, five months is very impressive 👏 image.png

    September totals updated here  image.png image.png

  • Wanna_Bee_Free
    Wanna_Bee_Free Posts: 2,936 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Congratulations @Season_of_Mist that is a fantastic achievement. 5/10 for yesterday please cathybird. I succumbed on Thursday but drove back yesterday and now I am pleased I didn't have wine when I got home.

  • Dryjan
    Dryjan Posts: 80 Forumite
    Fifth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper

    10/22 please @cathybird

  • Thanks to all who commented, that is very kind. I just find it so much easier to cut alcohol out altogether for a month at a time, rather than allow myself an allocation of days where I can drink. For me it is mentally much more straightforward like that.

    Sort-of related to this, I don’t really diet but I do not consume any calories at all until midday. Just water, or a mug of hot water. Literally nothing else. It gives me an absolute I can stick to so much easier than having to think about eating healthily / calorie counting etc.

    I digress, sorry. Good luck to all who are cutting down / cutting out the alcohol.

  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 16,949 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    September totals updated here  image.png image.png

  • maggiem
    maggiem Posts: 2,114 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Congratulations @Season_of_Mist at 5 months AF, I’ll look forward to congratulating again at 6 months.

    7/10 please for Friday and Saturday. Out tomorrow but hope to report another AFD on Monday.

  • RobM99
    RobM99 Posts: 2,888 Forumite
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Hi all 11 today please.

    Now a gainfully employed bassist again - WooHoo!
  • Vanlady
    Vanlady Posts: 325 Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Hi all, reporting while I have a chance, away having a lovely break in Wales, but so far not a drop has touched my lips, so 12/21 for me today please cathybird😀.

  • satchmo1
    satchmo1 Posts: 3,682 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    13/28 for me today please.

    What would you get if all you got was what you were thankful for?
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.