We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

WON a Hotel Stay in Bavaria !

    I had a win on Boxing Day.  
I think it was an Advent one that was listed on that particular section of Competition Time and.
I entered it via Facebook. So many thanks to whoever posted it.

It's a four-night stay in a luxury hotel by a lake in Bavaria although it doesn't include the travel there.
I'm a bit apprehensive about taking it up though as the competition was run by a group called Resort Preview Stays and I suspect I might be under a bit of sales pressure whilst I'm there to book up further hotel stays with them in the future.

Does any one here know of anyone else who has won such a prize - Or even been on  a similar hotel stay however it was arranged ?
«1

Comments

  • EllasPa
    EllasPa Posts: 1,530 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Great win well done you
  • sarah250187
    sarah250187 Posts: 12,428 Forumite
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Congrats! Xx
  • Samjade97
    Samjade97 Posts: 2,402 Forumite
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Well done   
    Nov 25 - Trio of Nail Polish
    Dec 25 - £50 Amazon Voucher
    March 26 - Easter egg
    April 26 - £50
    May 26 - Book
    Sept 26 - Bedding bundle, £30
  • Deb2008
    Deb2008 Posts: 1,767 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Well done :)
    2011 & 2012 - Many Fantastic Prizes - thank you to all posters 2021 7 small prizes 2022 1 prize2023 1 prize 2024 5 prizes 2025 None
    2026 3 prizes
  • marcia_
    marcia_ Posts: 4,404 Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
        I had a win on Boxing Day.  
    I think it was an Advent one that was listed on that particular section of Competition Time and.
    I entered it via Facebook. So many thanks to whoever posted it.

    It's a four-night stay in a luxury hotel by a lake in Bavaria although it doesn't include the travel there.
    I'm a bit apprehensive about taking it up though as the competition was run by a group called Resort Preview Stays and I suspect I might be under a bit of sales pressure whilst I'm there to book up further hotel stays with them in the future.

    Does any one here know of anyone else who has won such a prize - Or even been on  a similar hotel stay however it was arranged ?
     I was once targeted by a similar group but was told it just consisted of a compulsory talk about buying a timeshare. The rest of the time was a free holiday. You can just smile and nod and say no. 

    2026 wins - Parker Pen American Sweets bundle 2x dish magic bundle NEU shots & a NEU training T-shirt ToeZone Shoes Worth £32

  • libra10
    libra10 Posts: 20,241 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Well done 
  • Hi there. Did you take this in the end? I’ve just had exactly the same ‘win’ but I’m also cautious.

  • The_3rd_Zebu
    The_3rd_Zebu Posts: 775 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker

    Yes Penguin321 I did. - ( I've sent you a private message with a bit of info on it. )

  • billyliar
    billyliar Posts: 7 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture First Post Combo Breaker

    Hi there, also had the same win on Facebook😄

    Karma Bavaria, Schliersee, Germany

    So also wondering if that's genuine ?

    Thanks

  • The_3rd_Zebu
    The_3rd_Zebu Posts: 775 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker

    It was genuine enough for me. You should have a good holiday if you take it up.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.