We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Won a projector but will it arrive?

I rarely enter Gleam widget comps but I did enter one from Acer as I get the newsletter emails. 
Just over a week ago I received an email saying I had won, so I replied with my address details but got no acknowledgement back; I sent another email a few days later to check and got no response. So, I have no idea if the emails were received/read. 
Now, as most of the tech comps run via Gleam tend to be from different countries I usually avoid them; this one appears to be located in Poland. I will wait to see if this actually gets here. If it does get sent I will no doubt get a message from the royal mail or whichever courier is used, that there is duty to pay.


2026 prizes - £10 BioSynergy voucher; £200 LovetoShop voucher; Swan retro kitchen electricals; Revive Active supplements; Yawn airbed; gaming mouse; 3 tins Olive oil;

2026 -as of 4/08: Comps 7054: wins 7: value £700
2025 Comps 12362: wins 10: value £1862
2024 Comps 13526: wins 13: value £1475

Comments

  • sarah250187
    sarah250187 Posts: 12,428 Forumite
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Congrats on the win but so frustrating for you, Hope it turns up as a nice surprise for Christmas 🤞
  • lottiegirl
    lottiegirl Posts: 3,129 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    congratulations. fingers crossed it appears . never been sure about gleam competitions 
  • Bigboytyson
    Bigboytyson Posts: 4,412 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Well done xxx
    💖💖Love Comping,💖💖 In it to Win it.💖💖
    💖💖If I don't win its not the end of the world,theres always another one to enter💖💖
    💖💖Always be happy and congratulate those that do win💖💖
    💖💖Always Thank the original poster where's possible,💖💖 Thank you's goes along way💖💖 Good Luck Everyone💖💖
  • hertzyabazas
    hertzyabazas Posts: 34,187 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Congratulations. Great prize
    I won from a laptop a couple of years ago from Acer via Gleam.
    Waited a couple of months but I did get it.
    I checked my email for a contact but nada.
    Over the years I've found the bigger companies less engaging than others.
    I won from Samsung on FB in July (ignored 3 email from me)and didn't get the prize until the start of November.
    Won from Curry's and waited the full 60 days as per their T&Cs.
  • Haribobo19
    Haribobo19 Posts: 6,374 Ambassador
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Congratulations! I hope you receive the prize soon!  <3
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competition Time, Shopping & Freebies and MoneySaving boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the Report button, or by e-mailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.


    2022 wins - 14 (biggest win - Silent Night mattress)
    2023 wins - 28 (biggest win - £400)
    2024 wins - 32 (biggest win - Lenovo Legion Go)
    2025 wins - 81 (biggest win - 
    Samsung Galaxy S25 FE)

    2026 Wins -
    January - 9
    February - 8
    March - 11
    April - 5
    May - 3
    June - 4
    July - 6
    August - 2
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.