We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Self Assessment tax return
Pingu1
Posts: 158
Forumite
in Cutting tax
I am filling out my first self assessment tax return and would like to know if I should include income I recieved from renting out my parking space last tax year? I earned £183.43 for the year. I read this article on MSE - https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/cheap-parking-rental/. Is it still correct?
1
Comments
-
Yes. If your total rental income is under £1000 you don't need to declare it.0
-
This is the specific provision relieving you of the need to self assess this small amount of property income
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/tax-free-allowances-on-property-and-trading-income#:~:text=This allowance does not apply,tell HMRC if you have:
The relief is mentioned in the explanatory notes for completion of the return (Property Income Allowance) below -
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/68da62da49e17d00a56ffb53/SA150-Notes-2025.pdf1 -
Thank you.0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards