We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

BIK and higher child benefit charge

Hello, my employer has a tech products and health cash scheme. I know that any reduction in tax is recovered through Benefits in Kind tax at the end of the tax year. However, my income is over 60K so I wondered how this affects the higher child benefit charge? The tech and health cash schemes do reduce my salary so will I pay less child benefit back or is it worked out after my BIK is calculated?

Comments

  • Hello, my employer has a tech products and health cash scheme. I know that any reduction in tax is recovered through Benefits in Kind tax at the end of the tax year. However, my income is over 60K so I wondered how this affects the higher child benefit charge? The tech and health cash schemes do reduce my salary so will I pay less child benefit back or is it worked out after my BIK is calculated?
    HICBC is based on adjusted net income (ANI) and benefits in kind (BIK) are included as part of your ANI.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.