BR Meeting

Options
Have just been reading some of these threads and as my situation is quite complicated, I assume I will have to have a meeting with the OR. This is really worrying me because I will not know all the answers as I just followed what my husband said and he didnt have much of a clue either!!!

It sounds such a cop out, but its true and I feel ridiculous admitting it. Which is why i really want to get myself sorted out and taking reponsibility.

Sorry to ramble!!

Comments

• tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Don't panic NME. Just be honest with the OR and say that you just did as your husband said and you should be ok. Honesty is always the key with the OR.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • Richard_S
    Richard_S Posts: 4,432 Forumite
    Options
    Hi NME,

Working in any profession involves cases or clients with different levels of organisation or complexity. I trained as a chartered accountant and some clients would just drop off carrier bags of receipts, invoices, paying in books, cheque books and bank statements; three days later they'd be phoning wanting to know why their accounts hadn't been finalised.:rolleyes: Others, were so well organised that it was a crime seeing the amount the firm charged them, given that the client had done 95% of the work themselves.

The O.R's office is just the same. If you take whatever records you've got, filed in date order, and then make a chronological journal of what you believed to be happening during the period of time that your debt was increasing, then you've done just about everything you can.

If you don't know something you can't come up with an answer. If you think you might be able to find out, then tell the O.R you'll gat back to him. If there's anything the O.R needs confirmation on they'll write to your husband.

I can understand you feel uncomfortable not having all the answers at your fingertips, but sometimes that's not possible.

Richard
  • Praxis99
    Praxis99 Posts: 110 Forumite
    Options
    "some clients would just drop off carrier bags of receipts, invoices, paying in books, cheque books and bank statements; three days later they'd be phoning wanting to know why their accounts hadn't been finalised"

Richard S:

This sounds exactly like the kind of thing my brother (one of two builders in the family) used to do :D

Nevertheless his accountant was great at saving him money......until that is he got sent to prison - the accountant by the way, not my brother!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure