We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Battery operated outdoor light
DCFC79
Posts: 40,652
Forumite
I'm after a battery operated outdoor light that's bright but is also motion operated, is this possible ?
0
Comments
-
Toolstation or Screwfix may have what you are looking for.0
-
I don't think that it is a popular option though, mains and solar seem to be the main types.
Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.
Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.
Jean Cocteau 1889-1963
0 -
You could also investigate a rechargeable one - instead of batteries. This one claims to last 3 months on a single charge:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/YTKIH-Rechargeable-Battery-Charging-Security/dp/B0CVXHVT63?th=1
And maybe recharge it every 3 months with a super-long USB cable:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Extension-Charging-Security-SmartPhones-Controller-White/dp/B0F9F6WDRV/
(But to be clear - I haven't got one of those one of those lights, so I can't vouch for its quality etc. But I know somebody who bought a less powerful rechargeable outdoor light with a motion detector from Amazon, and they are very pleased with it.)
1 -
I have this outside it's rain proof https://musthaveideas.co.uk/products/bright-ball-3-in-1
but you can get similar on Amazon2026 wins - Parker Pen American Sweets bundle 2x dish magic bundle NEU shots & a NEU training T-shirt ToeZone Shoes Worth £32
0 -
It depends how bright is "bright" and long you expect it to operate each day, but we were given a very "cheap and cheerful" solar battery light a bit like this one a couple of years ago.
I didn't hold out much hope for it so I just screwed it about 2 meters above the ground in the wide alley between our houses where we keep our wheely bins, and for the last 3 years it has performed faultlessly, more than adequately illuminating the area when we walk back and forth, and then it rehcharges through the day.
If you want to flood a wide area though, you would need something a bit more substantial.• The rich buy assets.
• The poor only have expenses.
• The middle class buy liabilities they think are assets.1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


